About the role
Part-Time Workshop Facilitator
SkillsCamp is a soft skills training company. We work with organizations from all over the world to build soft skills in their staff and students – skills like resilience, stress-management, unconscious bias, personal branding, and more.
Much of our work is in-person workshops and custom programs with organizations. We are looking for 1-2 facilitators to join our SkillsCamp roster.
We will develop the curriculum for you, but you will be responsible for delivering that content to clients in an engaging and informed way.
Our work is often project-based and tailored to the client. This means that some programs we develop can be 2 days while others are 1h lunch and learns. Like any business, there are busy times and slow times. There may be some months with multiple workshops followed by a low-key month.
Though we cover your travel expenses, our clients can be anywhere from a 90 second walk to a 90 minute drive to a 90 minute flight away.
We are looking for people who are willing and enthusiastic about soft skills eduction, and are willing to facilitate workshops for SkillsCamp when needed. Once on the roster, you will also have the opportunity to grow alongside us should you like! If this sounds like something you’re interested in, keep reading!
- A professional facilitator with 3+ years experience in the broad areas of:
- Emotional Intelligence
- Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion
- Storytelling & Personal Branding
- Or another of our soft skill areas.
- An understanding of adult learning and inclusion principles in facilitation
- Located in the GTA and can attend a training at our head office (111 Peter Street)
- Ability to travel (a driver’s licence, passport, and no criminal record)
- Must attend 1 full day of training with other SkillsCamp facilitators at SkillsCamp
- Bilingual in French or another language
- Interest in the Future of Work [community]
WHO YOU ARE
- You’re comfortable facilitating workshops on a variety of soft skills.
- You are emotionally intelligent and can accurately read the social dynamics of a room and in a student
- You’re adaptable and able to comfortably go with the flow of a classroom’s changing dynamic.
- You have good customer service skills
- You’re good at quickly building trust and rapport with people
- You’re a good storyteller and can engage an audience of 3 or 300.
- You have a strong sense of empathy, a positive outlook, and an ability to motivate others.
- You believe people can change and people can learn